Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Morning Routine

After reading through some other health and food blogs, I figured I would share my morning routine with you guys!

I usually wake up around 6:30 or 7, naturally. I've kind of become a grandma in recent months because I go to bed early and wake up at the crack of dawn, but I love getting a lot of things done in the morning.

I eat as soon as I get up because my metabolism is that of a pubescent boy. If I'm going to the gym, I'll usually have a quick snack of cereal and fruit, or fruit and nuts. If I don't go to the gym in the morning, but I usually do, I will make my oatmeal straight away.

At the gym I do about 30-45 minutes of cardio depending on my mood, but I like to switch it up with intervals to keep it interesting. Then I do about 10-20 minutes of toning exercises, mostly for my core and legs. Three days a week I lift weights, but never consecutively.

After my workout, I eat my oatmeal and hit the shower! If I have any errands to run, I'll usually do them in the morning to get them out of the way, but if not, I like to relax for a bit and watch my favorite morning talk shows, like Kathi Lee and Hoda, and The View!

I told you...I really am a grandma.

I use to hate getting up and doing stuff in the morning, but since I've become more energized, it's become impossible for me to lay in bed all morning. I highly recommend taking advantage of your mornings because they set the tone for the rest of your day. Lazy morning = lazy day, but an active morning leads to a productive day.


No comments:

Post a Comment