Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wrap It Up

With being so busy from my new job (manager at a frozen yogurt shop), I've had to make a great effort to make sure I'm still eating right when I'm on the-go.

I got this idea for a snack when I was in need of some food before work.


Veggie Lettuce Wrap

I simply took two big leaves of romaine lettuce (I only used the dark, leafy green parts), spread two tablespoons of hummus in the center of them, and filled the wrap with tomatoes, peppers, onions, broccoli, and alfalfa sprouts. Then all I did was fold it up burrito style and chow down. 

I had lunch earlier than usual, so this was the perfect snack to hold me over until my snack at work (a Kashi bar), and then I would finally eat dinner when I got home around 7:30. 

This snack wrap would also be good with some avocado slices, or some guacamole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment