Simple Mushroom Shrimp with Wild Rice
- 1/4c. Wild rice, dry
- 3 oz. Shrimp, deveined, tails removed
- 1/2-1c. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Medium slice of a yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 T. Garlic, minced
- Cooking spray
- Juice of one lemon wedge
- Salt and pepper to taste
2. In a small sauce pan, lightly coated with cooking spray, over medium heat, add garlic and onions. Very lightly salt. Sauté until onions are translucent.
3. Toss in mushrooms and shrimp and continue to stir frequently. Drizzle with lemon juice and season to taste. (If shrimp are uncooked, cook before hand and toss in with mushrooms so they don't over cooked)
4. Serve shrimp mixture over rice and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
Nutrition: (serves 1) Calories: 265, Total fat: 3g, Sat. fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 86mg, Sodium: 300mg, Total carbs: 38g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 24g
Of course if you don't have, or don't like wild rice, this dish can be easily served with brown rice. Not taking into account how long the rice takes, the recipe is done in a short amount of time. I had this with a big salad and was so full afterwards! I'm excited to experiment more with wild rice and see what I come up with.