Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Work, Work, Work

I'm really happy that work has consumed my weekend, and I'm not being sarcastic at all. Being that this weekend I would have been moving back into college, I have a lot on my mind. It's better to keep myself busy right now. 

And with many hours of work comes many packed meals! 

Yesterday I had lots of snacks that included almonds, pecans, carrots, cucumber, and a Kashi chewy granola bar. And for dinner, I made a quinoa bowl before leaving my house. 


Taken with Instagram

With my quinoa I had shrimp, broccoli, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes. Even though I had to eat it cold, it totally hit the spot last night. The protein from the shrimp kept me satisfied for the rest of the night shift. I will definitely be making this again!

Today I had a peanut butter sandwich on a deli flat, made with PB2, almonds, carrots, and peppers for lunch, and a Kashi bar for a snack. But what I was looking forward to the entire night was the dish I made this morning for dinner. 



Just looks like a bunch of chopped veggies, right? Well, there's actually an entire can of sardines mixed in too! This sardine and veggie mix has chopped cucumbers, carrots, peppers, onions, radishes, grape tomatoes, and green pigeon peas and alfalfa sprouts tossed in. All of this was combined with veganaise,  spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, and fresh ground pepper. And let me tell you, it was delicious! Now, if you're totally apposed to the thought of eating sardines, you can easily make this with canned salmon or tuna (salmon has way less mercury, so try that first). 

This salad is more of a typical lunch for me, but I wanted to have a higher protein meal for the end of the day (eliminates late-night snacking). 

See? It is totally possible to eat healthy with a busy work schedule. The key is planning. Yes, it takes some time, and preparing all of your meals takes more effort than running to Subway on your lunch break, and I promise you, it will keep you fuller longer. Not only is it beneficial to plan your meals when you're busy, but also making sure than you have healthy snacks with you throughout the day will keep hunger pangs at bay. Even if you're going out to run some errands, take a handful of nuts or a granola bar with you, this way you won't be tempted to go through the drive-thru for that greasy bag of french fries. 



No comments:

Post a Comment