Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

Snack or Entree?

I would like to just share a quick recipe that I have fallen in love with recently, and it involves tofu. So many members of my family are repulsed by tofu, and most of them have never tried it before. I don't understand why people are so afraid. I mean, I can understand if you've tried it and didn't like the texture, but tofu can taste like whatever you want it to. Case in point: Roasted Tofu Nuggets. 



This recipe is so simple, and so fast it will make your head spin. Please note, that the spices you put on are totally your prerogative, there are no rules. I prefer mine with some spicy or savory seasonings, but you may prefer breadcrumbs or grated cheese. 

Roasted Tofu Nuggets
Extra-firm tofu, patted dry (any amount works)
Pam/olive oil spray
Garlic powder
Cumin 
Curry powder
Chili powder

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
2. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes, or whatever size you prefer (bigger pieces will take longer). Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and place cubes on top. Sprinkle with seasonings, then flip cubes over and season the other side. 
3. Place in oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how soft/crunchy you want your nuggets. 

I've eaten these nuggets by themselves, on salads, and I've made bigger slices for sandwiches. Every time I make them, my mother always notes how good the kitchen smells, and then she is always shocked to hear that it's tofu. Hopefully one day her curiosity will drive her to give tofu a try. 

Something to think about:
Is there a food your afraid to try because you think it will taste bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment