Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

The Mighty Return Of An Old Friend

Broccoli rabe, where have you been all my life?! Okay, not all my life, but seriously, broccoli rabe, where have you been the past few months? As my favorite vegetable, you think that you would at least stop by every once in a while to say hello, or text me to tell me that you miss me. Because Lord knows I have missed you, and thanks to Costco's giant bag of rapini for, like, four bucks, you have returned to my plate.

Taken with Instagram

For dinner the other night, I was way too excited to finally have broccoli rabe in the house again. I opened the bag and my nostrils were immediately flooded with the most incredibly fresh smell. I was actually very surprised by this since it was from Costco. It's great when you can get quality with a great quantity. 

I sautéd the rapini with olive oil and garlic (I mean, is there any other way?), then added chickpeas, mushrooms, and tomatoes to complete the meal. Obviously the star, and best part, of the meal was the broccoli rate, and I was not disappointed. Just the right amount of bitterness, it was exactly what I was looking for. 

What's on the dinner for tonight? Broccoli rate, of course! I mean, it would be a shame to let that big bag go to waste... Honestly, I'm trying my best to not eat it at every meal so I can enjoy it for as long as I possibly can. 

Something to think about:
What's your favorite vegetable?

No comments:

Post a Comment