Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

McDonald's Anyone?

Pssh! Why buy the grease from McDonald's when you can make something a lot healthier at home? I will never understand why our nation relies on fast food so much. Yes, it is convenient, and yes, it is cheap, but even with a hectic schedule and a budget, you can still eat healthy and nutritious foods. Eating well should be a priority in people's lives and it saddens me to think about all the people that are so apathetic about what they put into their bodies.

I have been striving to make healthy eating easy and accessible for even the most stubborn of eaters, and I think I may have finally bridged the gap. Introducing: the McDonald's Snack Wrap- Vegetarian Edition!


Boca Burger (cut in thirds), multi-grain wrap, guacamole, red onion, tomato, and sprouts, all rolled up burrito-style. In total, I think this lunch took me about 5-10 minutes to assemble and a lot less to devour it. 

I used a Boca Original Vegan burger, but you could use any kind of meatless burger (like black bean) when creating your own. If you eat fish, you could easily cook up a salmon burger, it would just take you longer. And if you're a carnivore, I would recommend a chicken or turkey burger if the thought of a veggie burger makes you a little nervous. 

My Snack Wrap was pretty unconventional by McDonalds' standards, so if you wanted something a little more traditional, fill your wrap with whatever you would normally put on a burger.

Easy, accessible, fast, and familiar. Now you really don't have an excuse for going through the drive-through when you can make something healthier in the comfort of your own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment